Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Forgotten Hands

Doubt is a struggle for many people, often I find myself doubting nearly everything, the love of God, mercy, hope, and forgiveness. The disciple of Jesus that is given a bad rap is "Doubting Thomas." He is often judged for insisting that in order to believe in the resurrection of Jesus, He would have to touch the- scars in his hands. I believe that there is a grain of doubting Thomas in each of us, the end of the story is that Jesus came to Thomas, and had him feel the scars in his hands. He gave him a hope, he gave him proof. It seems that God knew, what no one could, and granted Thomas the proof that his heart desired. God did the same for me, he saw my weak heart, and knew that through struggles I may in fact doubt the work of his hands, so he gave me two sets of his hands to reassure me at any point I need it. My mother's hands have cared for and loved me for as long as I can remember, and my father, well my father has shown me the love of my heavenly father in the absolute best way, From the time I was five and learning to ride my bike, he held my handle bars to make sure I wouldn't fall. to the first time he helped me ride a horse and guided me around the arena, Until I can stand at the throne of God in Heaven, and touch my Savior's hands, and erase all struggle and doubt, until that day, I can look at the hands of my Mother, and the hands of my Father for that God kind of love that my heart desires, much like Thomas, Proof. The poem below was written under the idea that often the hands that give the most, are most easily forgotten. I would like to Thank my Father today, he truly is the best father in the world, he is involved loving caring, and to me a very good human example of the love of the Heavenly Father. This is for you dad, Happy Father's Day!!!

Forgotten Hands
Hardened hands, from working long, 
Wishing the hours to be gone, 
And every day, it's the same old song
Yet he pushes past the misery,
And thinks only of his family,
Even though it's more than he can stand, 
He tells himself this is what it is to be a working man, 
Even though they make me who I am, his are the forgotten hands, 
Hands of Patience 
Hands of Hope 
Strong hands to say I'll never be alone
Hands of promise, Hands from above, 
These are the hands of God's love. 
Soft hands 
A softer heart
Together they work the day from the start
Planning, Cleaning, Dreaming, and Doing. 
Packing, and Saving, Hugging, and Holding
Pushing past the weariness  
Thinking only of us. 
Sometimes it's more than she can bear 
But she's reminded of all those who need her there, 
And even though they make me who I am, 
But hers are the forgotten hands. 
Hands of Patience
Hands of Hope 
Strong hands to say I'll never be alone
Hands of Promise 
Hands from above, 
These are the hands of God's love. 
Bloodied hands 
A shattered heart
 With each breath his soul and body beg to part. 
He grits his teeth, and bears sins load, 
Surrendering Himself to death's demand, 
He just wants to go home, 
But He will save the world as a whole. 
Pressing through the separation of Father and son, 
He sends a victory cry to the sky, 
Battle Won. 
And though they make me who I am,
His are the forgotten hands. 
Hands of Patience
Hands of love 
Strong Hands to say I'll never be alone. 
Hands of promise
Hands from above
These are the hands of God's love.
Remember the Forgotten Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment