Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

...................Whimsical Wednesdays............



"Allow God to continually soften your heart so that it beats for what His beats for... People."


Jesus was a living paradox.
He was entitled to a throne, with the world as His footstool, but instead, He opted for the Cross, with the world as His spectators. He owned the title of the King of the World, but He chose to be a servant to the least. He was the Son of God, but instead, he chose the title of the Son of Man. As Christians, we are called to be living paradox's as well.  In temporary, the potential of forever. In curses, blessings, in enemies, friends, and in death, life. Jesus thinks you are worth dying for... He gave up the kingdom of Heaven for you. He gave up life for you... And He came back to life for you. From the moment He was born until the instant He cried, "It is Finished!" His heart beat for you. His heart stopped for you. So today I encourage you to live with a purpose... Live with the knowledge that someone died for you. 
In the Dickens Classic, A Tale of Two Cities, (One of my all time favorites!!!) Sydney Carton forfeited his life for the life of his dear Lucie Mannete's Husband. He famously vowed, "Please know that there is a man who would give His life to keep a life you loved beside you."  In the end, He kept his word and gave his life for her happiness. Would you expect that she would live her life in a different fashion with the knowledge that a precious life was sacrificed so that hers could continue on? I believe so. Not out of debt, guilt, or the desire to earn the sacrifice, but rather, out of the love and gratitude that she would have had for him. We to should live in this fashion.
I have been a Christian for as long as I can remember. Yet, only until recently I have struggled with understanding this unfathomable love that the Father has lavished on us. I now walk with a smile on my face as I realize that I have been saved from death, bought with the blood of the God of hope, and that he has a plan, and a purpose for me. I hope that you will join me in simply living in the love that was lavished on you from before time exsisted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment